PDF Screenshot Export
To export your .ssg file created in StepShot Guides and convert screenshot to PDF, go to “Export & Publish” (1) and choose editable “PDF Document” (2) as an output format for your user manual template.
1) check all the default document variables that will be present on the document title page
2) edit them if needed
3) press “Next”
At this step on how to save screenshot as PDF template, you’re able to:
1) Import your own PDF screenshot template
2) Choose a previously created user manual template
3) Choose one of our basic templates and edit it if needed (see how to do that on our next 4 screenshots)
4) Output options available. If you’d like your images to be optimized automatically within the page, check the corresponding option. Otherwise, uncheck it and scale images by resizing 5) the small blue window according to your needs.
After choosing “Edit Template“, editing workspace appears. Here you may 1) drag & drop elements within the page or delete them according to your needs and 2) change characteristics of your elements (fill, font, border etc.)
Add 3) Textbox, 4) Rectangle or 5) Image to make your cover page look more professional.
6) You can also edit Table of Contents and Regular Page (see the next 3 screenshots).
Table of Contents settings:
1) set the page borders and 2) edit Table of Contents’ set-up.
Regular page settings:
1) set the page borders, 2) change the text settings according to your needs, 3) choose the layout. If you want to apply the changes, press 4) Save (see the next screenshot). Otherwise, click on 5) Cancel.
While creating an editable PDF template in StepShot Guides, you may add 1) headers and 2) footers if needed. Just add them as a text box or a variable or delete if these elements are not needed. Please note, the footer “page” is included by default.
You may also add lines and align all your template elements according to them.
1) Create a name for your template in a pop-up window, 2) press “Save“.
1) Your PDF screenshot template will appear among the rest of the existing ones.
2) Press “Next” to proceed to the “Preview” window.
1) Check whether your guide looks the way you want by clicking “Next“/”Previous” page.
2) Press “Export” to convert screenshot to PDF document and enjoy the result!